Promise Pegasus2 - can you use a logical drive for a Bootcamp partition?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mustgroove, Jan 30, 2014.

1. mustgroove macrumors regular

Anyone know whether it's possible to use a logical drive on a Promise Pegasus2 for a Bootcamp partition?

2. mikeezero macrumors newbie

Hi

I have Pegasus2 R4 set up as 3x drives in Raid 0 and the other drive as a back up to the Raid array as I only need back up specific files.

Before I did this I wanted to know the answer to the question you ask, so I cloned OSX onto the single drive within the R4 and booted from this without issue, so to answer your question....yes it can be done.

Regards

3. mustgroove thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks mikeezero, good to know it can boot OS X, but I'm really interested in Boot Camp - as in, can you:

a) will Boot Camp Assistant successfully let you install Windows to a Pegasus2 logical drive, and

b) can you actually boot into/work from that partition successfully?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I too have an R4, yes it can be done...is it a good idea if you have no other fallback..no

Remember RAID is not a backup solution.

5. mustgroove thread starter macrumors regular

Definitely aware that RAID isn't a backup solution but for my probably usage case I was really hoping Boot Camp would work, and glad to hear that it does :)

No workarounds involved for installation, or Thunderbolt weirdness in Windows at all?

6. zaphoood macrumors newbie

Hi to all with my first post and I am in the same boat as mustgroove and waiting for my NMP.
    glad to hear that "it can be done"! could you please share the way you made it work and how the promise software was setup?
    BIG thanks in advance for the hustle!