promoting app via an affiliate network

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gabardeen, Feb 25, 2011.

1. gabardeen macrumors newbie

Hi - One of my friends runs an affiliate network and I'd like them to promote my app on their network. I'll only be working through them.

To make it work we need to be able to track the traffic that comes from his network and also I need to be able to send them a pixel once someone who came through their network downloads the app.

Anyone know how this can be implemented?

My app is free but I will pay them a small amount for each conversion.

Sorry if something like this has been posted before - couldn't find similar threads.

Thanks very much!

2. psonice macrumors 6502a

You can't track anything on the app store, so the only way you'll know if people clicked on your ad is if the ad network tell you that. Of course if somebody buys your app, you will know about it.

For the other side, you can embed a UIWebView somewhere that will load whatever from their website to confirm the purchase, or you can download from their site with an NSURLRequest to keep it completely in the background.

Between them tracking click throughs on their site, and you tracking purchases, you should get pretty accurate figures, but you'll need to trust each other ;)