Promoting Blogs!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by uzit, Feb 25, 2011.

1. uzit macrumors regular

Hey folks!

I dont know if this is the right place to post about getting blog views etc. I have started a blog on blogspot and I'm kind of addicted to it! I love posting blog posts!

So anyone know any good ways to promote? I have used facebook and twitter but my 'friends' are not in technology and computer related stuff, but the ones who are found the site good to read (shocking)

I would really appreciate you guys check it out and giving me pointers and of-course follow me if your interested. :D

Thanks folks! :D

2. bluap84 macrumors 6502

erm...

facebook and twitter are a good start
    but take a look at feedburner / tweetfeed / it might be pretty limited to promote, as your hosted on blogspot and not ur own domain. Im not to hot with blogspot, im a wordpress guy.

but generally blog promotion is done via word of mouth as well as key words and good SEO

3. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

You can also start looking for other bloggers with similar style or subject content, and see if you can cross-link to each other. "Like mine? See these guys too!" etc.

4. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the info guys!

I was thinking of going over to wordpress, but I don't know much about coding etc. Will I need to redo my adsense? or is there a way to get that over to wordpress blog easily?

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Seems that you don't credit most of your sources with link.

You do not have to redo adsense with wordpress, but you might have to redo (or if possibleexport / import) your articles.

6. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

Understood, something I always should do but looked over it in excitement! lol

thanks for the info,

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Well, there used to be MacBytes, but Macrumors plans on stopping it.

If you have unique and interesting content, submit it to larger sites.

8. manueld macrumors 6502

Start following people on twitter that are in technology and computer hopefully to illicit follow backs and start engaging people people on social media that have the same interests.

9. uzit thread starter macrumors regular

I thought I switch to wordpress...so I went to wordpress.COM and decided to make a blog. :rolleyes: Managed to import my blog, got the theme and layout I wanted aaand then I went to add adsense....it didn't happen. So I googled about adding addsense to wordpress.com and found a lovely faq page from wordpress saying they do not allow ads on the free blogs! I went as far as geting a domain name with them, thankfully I could cancel within 48hours!

10. priceshirley macrumors newbie

Facebook and Twitter are good to start with. I suggest submitting your blog to few blog directories, like technorati, blogcatlog etc. Do some bookmarking. Active participation on forums and blogs (commenting with a link back to your website) will also work well for you. All the Best.

11. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

They don't allow text widgets?

I use WP, but self-hosted. It's more flexible but got its own challenges (performance issues when it get popular).

12. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

It's really not too difficult to get a domain and web hosting package with a company such as Dreamhost or GoDaddy. Then install Wordpress on your domain, and go nuts. Since you'll have your own copy of all the WordPress code (and themes, and plugins, etc.) not only will you have full control over what you install, but you'll be able to modify the source code if you need to.