Promotional giveaway ideas...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by corywoolf, Aug 12, 2007.

1. corywoolf macrumors 65816

corywoolf

So some of my friend's parents own a large car/house/boat insurance franchise. I was eating dinner with them tonight and they started talking about marketing and asked me what I think they could do to appeal more to the youth. I told them to give away free 512 MB flash drives, during the back to school season, with their company logo on them. It is something most college students need to have and would use a lot. They currently give away nice stainless steel coffee mugs, t shirts, hats, pens, etc. I am trying to help them out with providing ideas for products they can buy in bulk and that are extremely useful for the youth. I was thinking of felt sleeves for the iPod, 15.4" laptop keyboard cloth cover (ala Radtech ScreenSaverz), iPod headphone cable manger, iPod AC charger, and notebook sleeve. I am just brainstorming here. I will then narrow it down to three realistic options and research the pricing, etc. I would like to get your feedback each of my ideas and your own ideas.

Thanks,

- Cory

2. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

I would go at least 1g on the flash drives, and have 'em on a key chain. Headphone cable managers would be good, too.

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

4. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

I am trying to balance the cost with function here, so I think 1 GB would be too expensive, if they want to give away a few hundred. Would you rather more people get a less capacity USB drive or less people get a larger capacity drive? Thanks though. I found a PDF on Radtech's site about custom corporate logos, looks like the screensaverz may be possible.

5. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

Bah, no one is going to sign up to just get a free shuffle. That's too gimmicky. Let's keep it simple, and make it available to everyone for FREE, without any hassle. Guerilla marketing at it's finest.

6. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

That hasn't been decided, these people are well off and have given away some pretty nice promotional swag in the past. It's all about getting potential customers to switch to this insurance company and getting the logo seen all the time.

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

but do enough people have a MacBook(Pro) or even know what a screensaverz is to use it?

If you're aiming for college students: free t-shirts and free food.

Serve drinks at the college in branded cups.
    I still have a cup from a safe-sex awareness thing that I got a snowcone in.

8. corywoolf thread starter macrumors 65816

corywoolf

It would have a picture of it being used on the package. It's going to be the universal one, that fits any PC or Mac laptop above 13". I am trying to be a little more creative then t shirts, which will already be given away. Free food has already been done, and works well. I am looking for something that's cheap, useful, will be kept for a long time, can have logo branded on it, and wont start a lawsuit.