Promotional MacWEEK screen printed canvas bag

OlSkipTooth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Late 80's / early 90's MacWEEK canvas bag with the same "modern art" image on either side.

Printed/produced by Sullivan & Brampton. Tag reads:
"Sullivan & Brampton / Quality Fabric Products since 1922 / 1688 Abram Ct. / San Leandro, CA 94577 / (510) 483 - 7771 / Made In USA.

Size is 15'' x 11''.

Would have been just a standard promotional tote for MacWEEK, perhaps for subscribing for a number of them upfront. Maybe for buying a new Mac at some point along the line.
When it was new it would have been far too small to fit a Mac, now it is perfect!

Anybody seen one lately? Maybe seen one go up on ebay?

Last edited:

OlSkipTooth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Pictures Added

Here are the pictures of the bag - let me know what folks think.
I'm hoping to hear that it emulates a particular cover or at least was designed by someone traceable.

Attachments

OlSkipTooth

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 30, 2012
Nobody has seen one?

Nobody?

I'm sure some of you long-time Mac collectors got one of these bags once upon a time, any ideas when?

How about any information about the staff of MacWEEK? I'm having some real trouble researching the history and creative input that went into MacWEEK.

I would love to find out who designed this illustration, any guesses?

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
I've got a couple like that, but the screening is red. I want to say they came from MacWorld SF around 1989-91-ish.

SueTroy

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2013
I used to work there. The design looks like something that one of our staff artists, Gary Suen, would have done. I know he did some other promotional stuff and I seem to remember him working on the target design. I'm not sure where Gary is these days.

blindkarma

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2013
CA
A guess, but I'm thinking early 90s. I have a couple bags from 88-91 and the logo was red. So I think these came later.

tdiaz

macrumors 6502
Feb 7, 2006
I spotted the two that I have in a stack of magazines.
Red "MacWeek" only, vertically on one side. Otherwise it's the same thing.