Proof Cases Duo Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lazybee, Oct 28, 2011.

1. lazybee macrumors member

The Proof Cases Duo works with all versions of the iPhone 4 and 4S. I have been using it for the last few days on my 4S. It is made of Thermoplastic Polyurethane or TPU. I’ve had a few TPU cases in the past, but the finish that the Duo has is really quite amazing. It is soft to the touch and yet the case itself is very ridged and sturdy. The most notable feature here is the new take on slider cases. Instead of the back being split in half, or thirds, it is one solid piece. To install/remove the phone you remove a small clip that makes up the bottom of the case. Slide the phone in, and simply push the clip in all the way.

As far as ‘lay on table protection’ goes this case has a good lip surrounding the screen. I feel very comfortable setting it on a table without having any chance of the screen touching anything. The 30 pin connector is also well protected, with a single cutout following the outline of the bottom speaker, mic, and dock connector. The only issue this causes is with large aftermarket 30 pin cables. Although, the Duo has a quick solution for this. Just push the two side latches in, pull the bottom off and plug in your aftermarket accessories.

Ok, so now as much as this design should work perfectly every time, it does not. The clip is harder to remove then it should be. Although this works well if you do not intend on removing it on a daily basis, it is frustrating to remove it quickly. After a few days I still have not gotten the hang of it completely.

Overall I really have fell in love with this case. I’m using the solid black at the moment, but their ‘smoke’ one is good looking as well. I would recommend this to anyone who doesn’t use a variety of charger cables.

I’ve included pictures below, and one comparing the size of the Otterbox Commuter 4S to the Proof Duo. Oh, and can anyone tell me how to add spoiler tags? ( Hide some of the large images)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Very interesting case. and its buy 1 get 1 free.

3. lazybee thread starter macrumors member

Yes it is! 30$ for two cases. I must note that although the website does not specify, they are out of stock on at least a few colors at the moment. (Their FB page mentions this a few times.)

4. RickG macrumors regular

I wonder if this Proof case will work with the Seidio holster ?

5. lazybee thread starter macrumors member

I just took a look at some of the holsters. I think it may fit the ACTIVE holster, but I can't say for sure.

EDIT: The pictures for the SURFACE Seidio holster make me think it would be the best fit. The Surface case seems to look very similar in size to the proof duo.