Proof of Applecare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uptownnyc, Apr 17, 2011.

1. uptownnyc macrumors 6502

I recently purchased a 15" Macbook Pro online, and opted in for Applecare at the time of purchase. I paid for Applecare, and I see it on my receipt, but am I supposed to receive any other sort of proof that my system is enrolled in the coverage? As far as I can tell, I didn't receive anything else documenting the fact that I have that extra warranty. This is my first Mac, and obviously my first experience with Applecare. I'm just not sure whether they're supposed to send you anything as proof of that contract and the money you spent.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Enter your serial number here and it will show you warranty remaining, including AppleCare.

3. uptownnyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you! I guess they don't ship you anything in the box as proof of coverage despite putting a separate line-item on the invoice. Good for the environment. Bad for somebody that needs assurance he got what he paid for. Thanks for the tip ... my coverage is in place.

4. CHSeifert macrumors 6502

CHSeifert

I got my Apple Care in a separate little booklet :)

5. Tonepoet macrumors regular

When I bought my 2008 iMac they used to give you a little box with a terms/conditions a booklet and a techtools CD. I guess they're too cheap to shell out on anything extra now. I still have all that stuff somewhere, albeit most of that stuff isn't in the greatest of condition I'm sure.

Question, would that techtools CD work on my new 2011 Macbook Pro or should I just stick to Apple Hardware Test on install disc 1?

6. uptownnyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Figured I should follow up with the answer to my own question. Today I received a yellow envelope in my regular mail with the Applecare booklet & receipt. I guess they ship it separately from the system by USPS even thought it was part of the same order.

7. johnnj macrumors 6502a

I've gotten mine off of the bay and all I get is an email with the code to register on apple.com. Never had a problem.

8. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Mac with AppleCare purchases done on the on-line site are auto-enrolled (as stated in the option).

This isn't directed to OP but more for public knowledge, as long as you have proof of purchase for AppleCare, you're ok whether or not you don't register it or if there was a mess up with the database.

9. vant macrumors 65816

If you ever need the AppleCare box, just ask your local Apple Store. Be prepared to have a receipt on hand.

The box is just an 'Auto-Enroll' kit (doesn't include serial numbers).