Proof of purchase for Express Replacement???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maka344, Oct 31, 2015.

1. maka344, Oct 31, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2015

maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

Apple replaced my launch 6s Plus due to dark spots on the screen however, the replacement device has a nasty yellowing of the entire screen.

I arranged another express replacement last week via a senior agent however, it was cancelled when I checked the status a few days later.

I called Apple and they requested proof of purchase and said they've had a spite of fraudulent express replacements recently (a gang requesting express replacements on devices they didn't have) and that I'd need to supply this information. I did supply proof as requested and I am now waiting for it to be reviewed.

I was told that I'm not the only customer facing this issue and wondered if anyone else has had this problem recently? It almost felt like they were accusing me of something.

Once my proof has been validated, I should receive my replacement next week or failing that, I was told I may have to head into a store for service.

2. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344

3. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Nope I've never had that. That sucks that you got stuck with that. I hope you called Apple using their number online, and not one in an email that was sent to you. That sounds a little phishy to me.

4. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344

I agree but I have been calling Apple every time so it's Definitely Apple I'm speaking to and dealing with.

Hopefully once they have reviewed my proof of perchase, they'll ship my replacement.

I can understand them being strict if they've had fradusters abusing their services. It's just annoying and I wanted to check whether anyone else had come across this.

5. Bhs1975 macrumors 6502

Why would they need proof of purchase when they run remote diagnostics?

6. barry.wiestling macrumors member

I had the EXACT same thing happen. My express replacements kept getting cancelled for no apparent reason. I called, and they said I needed to provide proof of purchase.

I did this and it still didn't work. Tried 5 express replacements and they were all cancelled. The senior advisor told me I had to go to an Apple Store if I wanted to swap it.

7. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344

This is the same situation as me. I have sent in proof but the senior advisor said if it's cancelled then I'll have to pop into a store.

I've been told they have clamped down because of identified fraud where a gang was requesting express replacement devices without owning devices.

How did you get it resolved in the end?

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You will need to go to the store.

9. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

If you have a store near you then go to the store?

10. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344

I've got an appointment however, because of the launch there's a week until the next appointment even though I'm in Central London.

11. barry.wiestling macrumors member

I didn't get it resolved. I haven't time to go to the store so I still have my phone. It's honestly a pain. Why have that service if you don't allow me to use it?

12. Celebion macrumors member

Celebion

I had the same thing. Bought the iPhone from an electronic online shop. The senior adviser said that I wasn't getting express server ever again for this device.

I asked for a compensation since I paid 69€ for apple care because of the express replacement. The adviser offered that I could get anything from the Apple online store up until 100€. So that was nice.