proof of purchase?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hackum, Jul 12, 2010.

1. hackum macrumors regular

What constitutes a proof of purchase? The receipt only?

I bought a MPB from the Apple Store 2 weeks ago, which I plan to give to my sister in Europe. However I just realized if she needs to have it serviced (within the 1st year period) they might ask her for the proof of purchase.

Now, I am not sure if I even received a receipt with the laptop, or if I did I might have thrown it away. What should I do?

Since the computer hasn't been registered yet, would it suffice if my sister registers it to her name when she gets it?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I've never been asked for the receipt when I've had my MacBook Pros serviced. The warranty follows the computer, it doesn't follow the owner.

3. hackum thread starter macrumors regular

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Although, this is from my experience buying it in the US and having it serviced in the US. Did you buy the computer from the same country that your sister is going to be using it (and presumably having it serviced) in?

5. hackum thread starter macrumors regular

No, I got it from Canada's Apple Store ... she's in Russia.

6. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Check your email, most likely they've emailed your receipt to you if you did not receive a physical copy.

7. hackum thread starter macrumors regular

iIdidn't get it by email, but I see I can get an invoice for my purchase. So I guess that should be good enough if there is a problem.