Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yebubbleman

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
There is a section on the forums devoted to "Windows, Linux, and Others on the Mac" that seems to adequately address both Boot Camp (and/or other native dual-booting on Macs) as well as virtualization and emulation solutions such as VMware Fusion, Parallels Desktop, the bygone VirtualPC from Connectix/Microsoft, and others specifically as they pertain to Linux and Windows. However, I am uncertain as to where I should be posting for questions related to virtual machines running versions of macOS. Do I post it in the corresponding macOS section? Or do I post in the "Windows, Linux, and Others on the Mac" section? I know it's likely not as common of a topic as virtualizing Windows and Linux on the Mac are, but I know there are definitely people out there (and likely on these forums) doing it.

Where should I post such topics?

Yebubbleman

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I think this is the best fit.
Follow-up question, then. If my topic/question isn't directly pertinent to any one specific version of macOS, where do I post it? Or is posting it in the most recent and/or most applicable-to-my-needs version's sub-forum the best call?

Also, what about things like ESXi which can be installed natively on a Mac to host Mac VMs? Where would one go to discuss those matters?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.