Proper Method for uninstalling apps

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Dg8r, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Dg8r macrumors newbie

I have 2 apps that I cannot uninstall. One is Logitech's LLC connection Utility and the other is Splasm's Checkbook Pro. With Checkbook Pro I have tried moving the app to the dock and then from there to the trash to no avail. I have tried moving both of them straight from Launchpad to the trash and that didn't work either.

There must be another way. I just do not know what it is. Can anyone help.

I have a rMBP running Mavericks latest update (yesterday).

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

For most apps, open Finder - click Go menu > Applications - find the app - and drag it to the trash.

Some apps require more & have their own uninstaller, best to check with the app developer's website or help files first. If no guidance, then the above will probably do the trick.

3. sliceoftoast macrumors 6502

sliceoftoast

Consider look into a program called App Zapper

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Waste of money and time, it fails to be as accurate as a proper search and clean up.

OP, if there is no install application, then dragging to the trash is sufficient. You can clean up the cruft in by searching ~/Library folder as well

5. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

6. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

I use App Cleaner as well. Seems to do a bit more than just dragging the folder to trash. But as many on here have said, the best and most complete way is to search for files associated with the program manually. Really it doesn't matter in most cases since the amount of space taken up by these files is minimal.