Proper Pronunciation of Read Receipts

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
If you were referring to the "Read Receipts" function of iMessage verbally, would it be pronounced "red" receipts or "reed" receipts? I'm having this discussion with my friend.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
If you were referring to the "Read Receipts" function of iMessage verbally, would it be pronounced "red" receipts or "reed" receipts? I'm having this discussion with my friend.
Personally I would say "Red" receipts, I guess because it would be speaking of past tense if someone has already read it and you are looking at a receipt of that incident?

iStudentUK

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2009
London
Wow, mind=blown. I've always said "reed" and never heard anyone say "red", but actually "red" would seem to make more sense thinking about it.

Comeagain?

macrumors 68020
Feb 17, 2011
Spokane, WA
They are receipts, for when the recipient "reeds" the message. I vote for "reed".

Btw, this would be a great poll, if a Mod wants to add one!

sviato

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2010
HR 9038 A
It's a receipt to let you know that your message has been "red". If you look at the message and it says "Read", I doubt you read it as "reed".

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
Thanks for the responses. She's still adamant that it is supposed to be "red", but I am still disagreeing. It seems to make more sense logically to be "reed". Someone should get a Mod to add a Poll to this thread!