iPad Proper screen protector for iPad Air? Size? ...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by cmeisenzahl, Nov 7, 2013.

1. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

Just got a new iPad Air after trading in our aging iPad 1. :)

I may get a screen protector for it. Are the screens on all recent (non-Mini) iPads the same size? Or do I need one specifically for the Air?

Thanks very much in advance,
    Chris

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

You'll need one specifically for the Air, as the bezel is a bit thinner.

Honestly, you really don't need a screen protector unless you plan on using the iPad in rugged environments. This is the first time I haven't used a screen protector on mine and I'm loving it!

3. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

4. donnaw macrumors 65816

I always use a good one. I have grandkids and a cat. An iPad is basically a screen. If you don't mind scratches, don't get one. Not saying you will scratch it but if you do will it bother you? If yes, get a good one and rest easy.

I have gotten Ghost Armor put on my last 3 iPads. They work really well, stand up to little stocky fingers, feel just as good as the glass, and don't have that 'orange peel' effect. I actually get the full body and feel quite comfy laying my iPad on anything.

Everyone has their needs. Some simply won't use a screen protector, others (like me) won't NOT use one.

Oh, to answer your question, you'll need one made for the Air. The slimmer bezels require a different size.