Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Woody970

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Currently I have an iMac, MacBook Pro, MacMini and an AppleTV all networked using an AEBSn. The advice that I need is that I'm thinking of purchasing two external hard dives, one to use for time machine that will be connected to the AEBSn via USB so that all of the computers can be backed up. The other will be connected to the iMac which is the main computer (via firewire) and be used for my iTunes and iPhoto libraries which are getting rather large. Is this the best configuration or should I be doing something else? Cost is not a big issue, however I would like to keep it as low as possible.

wesg

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think an even easier solution is to get a USB hub for the Airport Extreme, and then you can connect both drives to the station, as well as a printer, should you choose.

This way is also better because the iMac doesn't need to be on for you to have access to the disk space.

Woody970

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
I think an even easier solution is to get a USB hub for the Airport Extreme, and then you can connect both drives to the station, as well as a printer, should you choose.

This way is also better because the iMac doesn't need to be on for you to have access to the disk space.

Will there be a performance issue if a backup starts and I'm streaming content to my apple tv through a shared USB connection?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.