Proper Steps For Prepping MBP To Sell?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blairh, Jun 8, 2011.

1. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

Hey Everyone.

I started a thread somewhat recently regarding doing a clean installation of Leopard if/when I find someone to purchase my MBP.

Well I believe I found someone today to buy it, so I need to get my MBP ready. I'm pretty sure I now know the proper steps for the clean install. HOWEVER my concern now is with the apps I've purchased from iTunes for my iPhone and iPad. What are the proper steps to go about deactivating my iTunes account from this MBP and how exactly do I get the current apps on my iPhone and iPad to appear in iTunes when the time comes to get a new laptop? (MBA future refresh.) Will they simply show up in iTunes when I log into my account on the next laptop? Or do I need to sync the iDevices to the laptop after signing in to the account?

On a related note, do you think I'm selling for a good price? ($750 for base model mid-2009 MBP, AppleCare till Sept 2012, Incase nylon sleeve, in person cash exchange.)

2. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

Thanks for that link!

Once I deauthorize my iTunes account, do I get all my previous apps from the iPad and iPhone back on the future MBA by just syncing? Entering my iTunes id and password?

3. mac00l macrumors 6502

In the future with iCloud yes. But meanwhile you need to backup your library

4. blairh thread starter macrumors 68030

blairh

All my media (photos, music, vids) are already backed up on an external. What about my iPhone/iPad apps? Do I need to back those up too?