Properly setting up a bluetooth headset

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iFanaddic, Oct 5, 2010.

1. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Hey everyone I have a question, I recently found a bluetooth headset on the pavement. I believe it\'s a motorola H12, I tried setting it up with my iphone the first time but it didn\'t work, I was asked a passkey which I did not know. So I looked up a couple of websites that said to try \"0000\" because motorola often has those as defaults. So rescanned bluetooth devices from my iPhone and clicked on \"motorola h12\" but it connected immediatly so I was happy and thought the problem was solved but the thing is everytime I was use the headset I have to reassociate them, and it never asks me the passkey anymore, Im not an expert at this but im guessing entering the passkey would pair them for good right? I never had a bluetooth but I cant believe one would have to go to settings everytime they put their headset on..

(Please dont flame this post saying I stole it, I am as honest as it gets, I return wallets when they have ID\'s and when people forget their credit card at my store I always yellow-page their name and try to find them..Losing stuff sucks, and being able to give someone back something they lost feels great but there\'s really no way to track the owner so I might as well keep it right?)

On another note as any company come up with a bluetooth that changes songs on your iphone? Voice control is great but a bit slow imo..

2. Sulaco macrumors member

Take it to the nearest police station and hand it in. If I'd lost it the nearedt police station is where I'd go, in the hope an honest passer by had handed it in. Keeping it is theft, pure and simple. At least it is in the UK.

3. iFanaddic thread starter macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

there's 2 million people in montreal, the officer would just laugh at me and bring it home.

4. chanerz macrumors 6502a

5. Sulaco macrumors member

Well there are around 7 million in London, admittedly we have more than one police station though. The one nearest, to where I lost the item, is where I'd go. I would not worry about the officers professionalism, or guess their reaction before you try. Here if no one claims it in a month then the finder gets to keep it, if they want. At least then you would be doing the right thing. If not then, here, your considered a thief and the charge would be 'theft by finding'. I'm sure there is a similar offence in Canada. Seems odd to me though that you come looking for assistance on how to use an item that is not yours, and is in fact 'stolen property'. However there are lots of things in this world I still don't understand.....