Proposal for good use of 3D Touch

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluegrass527, Sep 13, 2015.

1. bluegrass527 macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I have a proposal for a good use of 3D Touch that I wanted to discuss to see if 1) other people would find it useful and 2) if there is a feature or application that already has this.

One issue I have when I'm panning around a web page is that I will sometimes accidentally click a link while I'm scrolling. I know that Safari won't activate links if you're scrolling quickly but if you are scrolling more slowly then sometimes it happens.

The problem with this is that it starts trying to load another page, and when I go back sometimes it doesn't return to where I was currently in the web page.

I was thinking that there could be an Accessibility feature for 3D Touch that made it so that you have to hard press a link to activate it. This would enable a lot of finer scrolling movements without the disruption of accidentally clicking a link. It would be optional of course.

I don't really need to use hyperlinks in web pages that often since I mostly just load up web pages from my bookmarks and then read from there, occasionally opening a link in the background as necessary.

This feature would, of course, be optional.

Does anyone else have this issue? If so, how do you deal with it? Would you support this being an optional feature? I would also support a browser that automatically opened links in the background rather than requiring you to hold down the link and select Open in background.

I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this.

Thanks.

2. eclipxe macrumors regular

I think its a good idea - you could tap for "hover" events and deep press to actually activate. I like it!