Pros and cons of a Zagg on iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by saccento, Jun 23, 2010.

1. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

So I should be getting my iPhone 4 any minute (hate waiting for UPS). I ordered a Zagg invisible shield, and got it yesterday.

My question is what are the pros and cons of it? Especially with this new glass. Would it also affect the front VGA camera?

Should I not bother putting it on?

Thx!

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

I got my Zagg already (now just waiting on the phone). I'm definitely using mine....helps with re-sale value.

3. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Pros- Keeps scratches off phone

Cons- Feels like crap, looks like crap and ruins the beautiful retina display IQ.

4. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

I've had a pos screen protector on my 3G and didn't think it felt like crap.
    As for it ruining the retina display, I guess I'll have to compare if I do decide to put it on. If not, we won't know

The only thing I hated was when I had my incase slider on, it lifted the screen protector up on the corners.

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Pro: cool name.
    Con: way overpriced. Plenty of similar products for a lot, lot less. I've got a $3 jobber on my 3GS that has been great. Never peeled off, good feel. Zagg is more flash than dash.

6. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

My Zagg is already here and my iPhone should be here any minute/hour now.
    I felt the Zagg and it feels A LOT different than I expected.
    It's a lot smoother than some people make it out to be.
    Can't wait to install!

7. weezite macrumors regular

8. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

9. CIA macrumors 6502a

I'm a firm believer in invisible shields, they are a local company to me. I've had one on my original iPhone since launch and use the lifetime warranty on it about once a year. When the cover is off the phone still looks as good as new. There is a dent or two in the aluminum back, but not a single scratch.

I'll probably put a shield on the back of my new iPhone4, but will leave the front uncovered for a bit. Do the new iPhone 4 shields have side covers?

10. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

If you purchase the full body they do. I didn't because I'll be getting a bumper