Pro's and Cons verizon iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolweirdo, Oct 21, 2011.

1. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

Ok so im going to make the big switch from sprint in a couple of weeks just wanted to know some of the pros and cons on the verizon wireless iphone 4s.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you believe a con is not being able to surf the web while you talk then that is a con. After having the ability with AT&T I don't miss it with Verizon.

I get better service with Verizon in my area so that's a pro. I do believe that VZW's 3G is much slower than AT&Ts now. It used to feel negligible but AT&T is now reporting much, much, much faster 3G data speeds.

3. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Pros and cons of Verizon vs Sprint? They are both CDMA so performance should be equal, only difference is coverage, and that all depends on where you live and travel.

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I'm on AT&T and for the most part I agree that simultaneous talk/surf is not a huge deal, except if you tether. I tether my iPad and laptop through my phone frequently, and it's nice to be able to take a call without that dropping out.

Plus as you mention the AT&T speeds are "potentially" a lot better, but actually only about 2X faster than Verizon where I live.

Since I have good AT&T coverage around here that is the best choice, but if I didn't and had to use Verizon, for the most part it wouldn't bother me (just the potential for data interruption while tethering if a call comes in, that's somewhat picayune).

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I never said potentially, never. YMMV with 3G data speeds, I was non-committal and certainly never said potentially. ;)

AT&T is not good enough for voice where I live ergo, I have VZW. I am happy with them despite slower 3G. I wish it were better but it has yet to truly hinder me.

6. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

so is verizon data speeds just as slow as sprint?