Pros & Cons: Switching Back to Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HappyDude20, Nov 22, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I got Lion the day it came out, however have ran into an array of problems. At my University, all people who have Lion continue to discuss how much they loathe it, each with their individual reasoning.

Personally, my MBP gets extremely hot and the battery life sucks. From 5 hours with SL, to 2 hours w/ Lion.

Others hate expose and the odd arrangement of apps.

---

Personally, the pluses aren't that pressing, though I do enjoy them. For example, I love Photo Stream with my MBP, iPad & iPhone........but ya know?

I use my MBP as a serious college student and I feel that this quarter took a small blow in my productivity due to my OSX workflow being a bit odd; at the behest of Apple wanting all their devices to resemble each other a bit more closely.

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Well eventually Apple is going to move forward...Snow Leopard wont last forever and you will eventually need to go to Lion or whatever new os they decide to make. The way I see it, might as well learn how to use it best because something like an OS is an important upgrade and they almost never go backwards...only forward.

3. Ansah macrumors newbie

Ansah

I reverted from Lion to SL on my late 2008 MBP, for all of the usual reasons, and am happy that I did. One day, yeah, it may be time to move on to the next whatever, but I don't understand the need to be "current" just to be current...

... especially if you're a student or otherwise performing tasks on your machine in a highly specific way. Why upgrade when the only immediate practical consequence is an obstruction of your workflow?