Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
I've been using a blackberry 9300 for the past year, after my iPhone 3G broke. I've abused this Phone with drops and its constantly in my hands and battery life has satisfied me.

The thing is i love apple and ever since i've gotten an iPod Touch I've been thinking constantly do i really need an iPhone anymore and should i just use a Blackberry 9780

i was going to buy iPhone 4 or 5 because of iMessage but theres no pins/pictures of people so that was a turn off:)()

Would i be making a mistake doing iPod Touch+Bold 9780 over the iPhone 4 can someone list me pros and cons of those two options

P.S. i tend to drop things and i REALLY hate big cases *cough* otterbox *cough*

Ksizzle9

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2011
to be honest, if you are a little more careful i cant think of any one thing that you wont like better about the iPHone. its a far superior phone.

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
P.S. i tend to drop things and i REALLY hate big cases *cough* otterbox *cough*

If you really want an iPhone and are that clumsy(which I'm glad you at least admitted), you should also be willing to do what is necessary to keep it functional and aesthetically pleasing.

Oh, and one major benefit to iPhone over the Bold 9780: It's NOT RIM's Blackberry OS.

vachargerfan

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
If you are clumsy and don't want to get a thicker case to protect the phone, I suggest you stick with the blackberry. You are used to the OS and you wont break it as easily

Leet Apple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 10, 2009
Canada
if you're that clumsy, you could just buy some phone insurance, no? ;)

no phone insurance in Canada...atleast from what i know

to be honest, if you are a little more careful i cant think of any one thing that you wont like better about the iPHone. its a far superior phone.

the thing is with an iPhone i feel like it just an iPod touch with Call+Text feature, i never used to think like that till i got an iPod Touch

If you really want an iPhone and are that clumsy(which I'm glad you at least admitted), you should also be willing to do what is necessary to keep it functional and aesthetically pleasing.

Oh, and one major benefit to iPhone over the Bold 9780: It's NOT RIM's Blackberry OS.

Apple OS > RIM OS

If you are clumsy and don't want to get a thicker case to protect the phone, I suggest you stick with the blackberry. You are used to the OS and you wont break it as easily

i've dropped my iPhone 3G a few times but its always landed on its back with an iPhone 4 the back is also glass :(

You're problem is that IT'S OVER 9000!!!

LMAO

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.