Pros who Want Matte in a TN Panel?? huh???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sukanas, Oct 16, 2008.

1. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

i never understood the whole matte for MBP!! when mbp's have a TN panel which also totally distorts the color...

the only reason i can see why people dont like glosy is maybe because of the glare but i dont get the color part

2. dougnewman macrumors 6502

Honestly I don't see a huge difference in color accuracy either.

For me the glare is the issue.

3. nauthiz macrumors newbie

Exactly, the effect on luminance is much greater than chrominance.

4. MVApple macrumors 6502a

What I read is that matte displays distort the image more because they have to put that anti-glare film on the screen. Glossy screens are brighter and more vibrant simply because theres not as many films over the original screen.

I wonder if the whole "matte is more color accurate" arguement is not based on mere word of mouth.

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

There are just as many layers of extra stuff on glossy screens as matte displays. If anyone were to believe your argument then a bare LCD screen would be the best and most accurate. While anyone who knows about LCD would know that it would be next to unusable.

6. bkeezy macrumors newbie

I don't think those who know wtf they are talking about are complaining about color accuracy per say, imo glossy screens just over saturate the color which doesn't necessarily mean you are seeing a color that is "off" but typically in my experience when going from glossy to either matte or crt the colors appear much more dull than intended.