"Prospective iPad purchasing in USA"

Callummac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Hey There,

I'm traveling to the USA in April and planning to buy an iPad 2 64 GB WiFi+3G (assuming that it will come in this capacity etc). I've looked on the Apple Store Online (US) and found that you have to buy an at&t or verizon specific model.. :confused: Do you think either model will work in Australia ?

Last edited:

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Hey There,

I'm traveling to the USA in April and planning to buy an iPad 2 64 GB WiFi+3G (assuming that it will come in this capacity etc). I've looked on the Apple Store Online (US) and found that you have to buy an at&t or verizon specific model.. :confused: Do you think either model will work in Australia ?
You can simply buy a wifi model as well...

Callummac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
"Prospective iPad purchasing in USA"

My apologies xD I will use proper engrish next time.

And yes i could simply use WiFi but why have an iPad without 3G ? It makes no sense.. well to me anyway

Last edited:

ClutchThese

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Alexandria, VA
it will work. As long as nothing changes from the first to the second gen, in term of network locking, you will be able to change the sim out for a local data sim.

Callummac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Cheers

Cheers mate, Sick off Apple charging exorbitant amounts in Aus v. what they charge in the USA :mad:

biw999

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2009
My apologies xD I will use proper engrish next time.

And yes i could simply use WiFi but why have an iPad without 3G ? It makes no sense.. well to me anyway
Well I figure when I'm out and about(times when you would use 3G) I can just use my iPhone 4 because I'm never in a situation where I'm not around wifi and I need to intensely web browse. I may need to look something up real quick so I'll just look it up on my phone as oppose to busting out the iPad for a 1-2 min web browsing sesh.

Its all relative though. If you need it, you need it.

Last edited: