Prospective iPod Touch Buyer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BakedApples, Aug 6, 2011.

1. BakedApples macrumors newbie

Hello MacRumors. I've never owned an iPod, believe it or not. I have, however, had a long-time interest in buying my own. I've almost got enough money for the iPod Touch, and should have the money in two weeks or so.

Do you think I should wait until (allegedly) September for the next generation of iPods, or should I just flat-out give in and pick one up as soon as I have the funds? And if I choose the latter, do you think I'd be missing out on much besides having the latest and greatest product?

2. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

If you feel like waiting, then wait.

If you don't feel like waiting, then don't.

It's a great device, and you'll be happy.

3. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

The current iPod touch is a great device. I got one last November for my birthday and it is a vast improvement over my original touch. I don't think we will see huge changes to the touch this fall, so I would probably just buy now.

4. ESPN macrumors regular

Wait till fall

If 5g doesn't fit you, stores will be clearing 4g off the shelf for cheaper prices.

If 5g fits you, then get it.

There really is no point in buying now.

5. Tech Elementz macrumors 6502

+1 - That's a good suggestion.

6. rattler macrumors member

The 5th gen will (probably) have an A5 processor and more RAM. If you'd use the touch for gaming, I'd wait. If you're gonna just use it for music, videos, photos, etc. then the current one if fine for you.

7. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I'd wait. The fifth-generation iPod should be out soon. Save more money and buy a higher capacity one than you planned.

8. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

At this point in time I'd wait until the 5th gen arrives.