Prospects of AWS bands on next iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macinnv, Sep 22, 2011.

1. macinnv macrumors regular

Assuming there won't be an iPhone for T-Mobile officially this year, whats your opinion of Apple at least including the 1700/2100 mhz bands?

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Absolute ZERO.

T-mo CEO said no iPhone this year. Why would he randomly say that and drive away customers holding out in hope for an iPhone if there was even a chance that an iPhone would work on T-mobiles network?

Not happening...

3. Agent-P, Sep 22, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2011

Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

That just means they aren't officially getting it. Apple could very well go ahead and include the required AWS bands if they wanted. Then people with unlocked units could use it on T-Mobile. Even without having access to 3G, T-Mobile has 1 million iPhone users on it's network. I bet that number would jump if there were 3G access as well (that's what stopped me from getting an unlocked iPhone 4). Plus that email was only intended to be seen by the recipients, not the public.

4. jdlorinser macrumors member

So sad but So true. I'm tired of my iPhone 4 on Edge. As a matter of fact I've had every iPhone since the first one on Edge via Tmobile. I guess I'll finally switch to AT&T with this upcoming release. :(

5. macinnv thread starter macrumors regular

I personally would. My T-Mobile contract has been locked in at around $55 with 1000 minutes, unlimted text and web, taxes included. It would make long-term sense for me to buy an unlocked iPhone and keep my plan. While I would love an iPhone, I dont want edge speeds like the million or so iPhone users currently are doing.