Prosumer direct to Internet

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by johnnymike, Jul 13, 2008.

1. johnnymike macrumors newbie

I'm looking for the best prosumer HD model for shooting live conferences direct to a laptop and out to the internet in real time. I'm prepared to buy the camera and a fully tricked out MacBook Pro to handle this. Also, what specialized software will I need?

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

It sounds like you having conflicting goals. If you want a prosumer HD camcorder, then you should look at prosumer HD camcorders. Your computer will handle the Internet streaming.

The bigger question: What exactly are you trying to acccomplish? HD is a data pig. Just how much HD content do you see streamed on the Internet, and by whom? HD will be pig to upload. It will be a pig for your viewers to download. If you have a lot of viewers, then you had better hope that they are widely separated because there will be a lot of pigs at the trough.

You need to seriously try to determine the data limits on your connection and that of your viewers. It may not even be possible for you do this.

3. johnnymike thread starter macrumors newbie

Prosumer Direct to Internet

You're right, don't need HD, just hate to buy a prosumer without buying HD. But there's probably plenty of used SD's out there. What I'm trying to accomplish is live-streaming so viewers can log on at remote sites and see the proceedings as they occur. Do I need specialized software to do it?

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe