Protect the back of iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rpearlberg, Oct 18, 2012.

1. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

What is the best skin/film to protect the back of the iPhone 5? I'm not too concerned with the front, but want something for the back...

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

3. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why? The front glass is a lot more scratch resistant than the aluminum on the back....

4. ProudLoz macrumors regular

This may be all you need. The Spigen Ultra Mix Front and Back Protector.

Spigen has always been reliable for me, if that doesn't seem to do it for you, you can also check out **********.net for back protectors that are in carbon, metal (sticker), or even leather. I also bought the metal series from ********** to try them out, however, I will warn you that they will take a while to get to you.

Edit: Huh, I wasn't aware that MacRumors filtered the site out. Let me just link you do it then.

Link.

5. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I'll probably try the Spigen one and maybe a bumper from them. I wish there a place around here that could install it for me....

6. ProudLoz macrumors regular

Those spigen screen protectors are really easy to install. I'd just recommend you have a extra roll of tape handy in case the dust removal stickers don't do it for you, and also take your time. What sucks though is that Spigen is only giving you one set now, they used to give you two.

7. rpearlberg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the advice. I've used Zagg in the past and they worked ok, so hopefully these are a little better. I'll probably order the bumper that comes with the set. The other option is just order the set for $15....

8. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

9. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Clear-coat and phantomskinz offer phenomenal products for the back of the iPhone 5.