Protect the back of iPhone 5?

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
What is the best skin/film to protect the back of the iPhone 5? I'm not too concerned with the front, but want something for the back...

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
This may be all you need. The Spigen Ultra Mix Front and Back Protector.

Spigen has always been reliable for me, if that doesn't seem to do it for you, you can also check out **********.net for back protectors that are in carbon, metal (sticker), or even leather. I also bought the metal series from ********** to try them out, however, I will warn you that they will take a while to get to you.

Edit: Huh, I wasn't aware that MacRumors filtered the site out. Let me just link you do it then.

Link.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
This may be all you need. The Spigen Ultra Mix Front and Back Protector.

Spigen has always been reliable for me, if that doesn't seem to do it for you, you can also check out **********.net for back protectors that are in carbon, metal (sticker), or even leather. I also bought the metal series from ********** to try them out, however, I will warn you that they will take a while to get to you.
Thanks. I'll probably try the Spigen one and maybe a bumper from them. I wish there a place around here that could install it for me....

ProudLoz

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2012
Those spigen screen protectors are really easy to install. I'd just recommend you have a extra roll of tape handy in case the dust removal stickers don't do it for you, and also take your time. What sucks though is that Spigen is only giving you one set now, they used to give you two.

rpearlberg

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Those spigen screen protectors are really easy to install. I'd just recommend you have a extra roll of tape handy in case the dust removal stickers don't do it for you, and also take your time. What sucks though is that Spigen is only giving you one set now, they used to give you two.
Thanks for the advice. I've used Zagg in the past and they worked ok, so hopefully these are a little better. I'll probably order the bumper that comes with the set. The other option is just order the set for $15....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.