iPad mini Protecting new mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by royinla14, Nov 13, 2013.

1. royinla14 macrumors regular

Looking for a good cover or skin to protect the new mini that feels good and slim. Any suggestions?

2. unibility macrumors 6502

3. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

4. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

5. unibility macrumors 6502

check out their backpacks. $585. They are full grain leather, nothing cheap about the quality. Also they have a 100 year warranty.

6. chrise2 macrumors 6502

But it has a 100 year warranty. You just better hope that the iPad mini 3 - 103 don't change form factor.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

That's the real deal.

8. richardbb85 macrumors 6502a

ha, funny

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Buy a pack of $6 screen protectors & go naked. My previous mini still looks new. It's pretty durable as long as you aren't playing football with it or tossing on rocks. I love feeling the metal back rather than thick leather or cheesy plastic.

10. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I do too. Which is why I use the sleeves, to transport the iPad. If I am going to use it, it comes out of the sleeve in its naked glory....

11. mfr1340 macrumors regular

Great Protection at Great price

I have had the poetic slimline for my nexus7's, my mini, and I ordered the new one for my mini ret. It is even better then the last one. I got it for $20.00 + tax and shipping. Now I am waiting for the 64gb wifi ret mini to ship.

12. AppleRobert macrumors 603

+1. Naked all the way except the sleeve to carry it. Once stripped of it, what a beauty.

13. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

I use it naked but ordered a wool sleeve from Byrd & Belle

14. jonfarr macrumors 6502a

jonfarr

i put a full body invisishield on it and then a smart cover for watching media. Basically naked as it is the only way to go imo.

15. 2010lexus macrumors member

16. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Cases (for iPhone or iPad) oftenly do more harm than good. They tend to scratch the shiny parts of your device (chamfered edge, glass back, Al body) due to minor bumps when you move your devices.

After months of using case I realize my old iPod looks REALLY bad. After that I swear I would never use another cases for them. Go NAKED just as it intended.

I dont understand what's the point of covering a well designed piece of hardware with ugly casing? You use something like Otterbox and MAYBE, just MAYBE it will survive a few drops. But you also don't enjoy its lightness in the process.

Might as well buy a cheap tablet and covering it up. Makes no difference.

I often just use skinguard in the back for protecting it against surfaces and that's it. It does not interfere with my experience enjoying the decice.

17. AlexBerkman macrumors member

AlexBerkman

Mine mini got smart cover with the Tech21 Impact Mesh case.

But I have to use it work wise...that means I need all-weather case soon, as I do production managing work on big events and parties + touring with bands and artists. Rain and snow + hot to cold weather.

Any suggestions?

18. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Picked up the Speck SmartShell and the Apple Smart Cover today with my Retina Mini and I think it's a great combo. The magnet on the SmartShell to hold the smart cover when flipped over is a really great idea.

19. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

My iPhone 4s has been largely naked since the day I bought it --- dropped on asphalt (admittedly, quite a bit of luck was involved there), and it is still in pristine condition. I HATE Otterboxes, and others of its ilk.

However, I am ordering a leather sleeve for transport in my bag/purse, etc. but my Mini will be used without any barriers between it and me:D

20. shadowyman macrumors member

shadowyman

It's high quality for sure and LOVE leather but I hate when the holder is fixed.

Does anyone know a genuine leather folio case which is rotating (not with the one that has a big hole on it to show the logo)