protecting the iphone with no case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Josh.C.123, Jul 28, 2010.

1. Josh.C.123 macrumors member

Hey guys!
    hoping to pickup an iphone on friday in the uk but i have one query. usually i would have bought a case along with the iphone... but as there is this apple scheme running it doesnt make sense to fork out £25 on a case and then receive another case in 3-5 weeks. however, i dont want to leave the iphone unprotected for a month +. what solutions are you guys using to protect the phone from every day use without a case?

2. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Honestly, I'd pick up a case right now and just use the apple case as a backup or a second case. You'll be kicking yourself if something happens in the 3 -5 weeks and be saying, "if only I had just picked up a case and not wait for the free one".

3. DJAznSensation macrumors member

DJAznSensation

i bought my iphone 4 a couple days ago and had the same thought process as you. I went and got the Invisible Shield by Zagg (Full Body) and it was the easiest sheild i've ever installed and it protects the glass really well!

http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/apple-iphone-4-cases-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

I've recently read that Zagg is also releasing "side" coverage for the iPhone 4 which put the shield around the antenna to prevent the atenna-issue happening. I havent herd if thats successful or not but once I get my hands on it i'll see where it goes.

Definitely get the Full body one, front and back!

4. Bathplug macrumors 6502a

What I did was. I kept the back sticky plastic stuff on the iphone and just cut the bottom off so it didn't get in the way of the bottom charging port. I didn't take the phone out and kept it on the white plastic trey that comes in the box.

Then I bought a cheap silicone case from ebay which I'm really pleased with, then I got a leather style flip case, then my free apple bumper arrived along with my zagg invisible shield.

5. Josh.C.123 thread starter macrumors member

See your point but nearly all speck cases are sold out with the only one available being the incipio featherlite or something on amazon? In reality the only manufacturer I really like are iskin and they have released nothing!

6. Josh.C.123 thread starter macrumors member

Definitely a good suggestion! I installed a full body shield similar to a zagg and that went smoothly apart from the threads getting trapped under the skin from the liquid/cloth applicator. With all the mixed reviews it's difficult to believe if the zagg is worth it. Furthermore the zagg alternative I have on my iPod has it's corners all sticking up and turned/peeling which makes me hesitant to use a zagg. What's the screen front protector like?

7. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

8. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It's fine. Mine is still in perfect condition after more than 2 weeks without any case.

9. Kinkade macrumors member

You don't need to protect it.

My iPhone 4 already has a tiny hairline scratch on the back glass and I don't care.

I wouldn't buy any phone that required a case or extra protection. All my iPhones since the very first one launched have been naked, and all eventually accumulated scratches on the back. As long as you don't set it upside down or drop it your fine.

I buy Apple products because they work awesome, not so I can carry them around in a case like a newborn baby. As long as the screen doesn't scratch who cares.

10. candyman macrumors regular

11. Surely Guest

Surely

I used one of these until I got a proper case. I had one lying around the house.

[​IMG]

12. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I have a bumper on mine and carry it in that ^

13. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

14. msavwah macrumors 6502