Protecting your macbook pro (please help) with skins

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by P90Xfit, Feb 12, 2009.

1. P90Xfit macrumors regular

I was thinking about trying out one of the bestskinsever or the zagg products but, they need to have water on them. How would you keep the water out of the keyboard, you know, when you are applying the trackpad part.

Any other skins I might be missing? Any easier things to protect my new macbook pro? I would really one of these skins but water would drip in to the keyboard part (maybe), so I'm left with what?:confused:

Any help on this would be great!

2. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Saran wrap.

If you don't like that answer, try doing a MRoogle search.:p

3. P90Xfit thread starter macrumors regular

I did, I cant really find anything. Am I "searching wrong? I don't understand. I'll keep looking.

4. jonjamesm macrumors regular

jonjamesm

mac styles

gelaskins

macstyles look great but, man, it did leave glue all over my white book. I had to goo gone it, which fubard the screen and cost a bomb to repair.

gelaskins leave no resadue

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

6. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

You have a few options. Personally, I use the Zagg Invisible Shield. I've been using them on all my gadgets since the original iPhone, and have had great results. Lately, however, I think they may have changed the adhesive properties slightly. I find the shields are harder to slide around once in place, which makes perfect fits a little more difficult. Just my thoughts, though I could be entirely off base. Also, the water really isn’t a problem. When you’re applying the shield, just keep a towel handy to blot the liquid. If you’re careful, it really shouldn’t be a problem.

You can also check out Moshi. They make the Palmguard, which many people love. It doesn’t use water, just straight adhesion. While I have no experience with the PalmGuard, I recently purchased their ClearGuard keyboard protector for my Unibody MBP, and it’s one of the best computer accessories I’ve ever bought. So I have faith in the company.

For maximum computer protection, I would pair an Invisible Shield with an InCase hardshell protective case. An Invisible Shield will not protect against dents, only scratches.

At first, I thought both products would trap heat and make the computer run hotter. Fortunately, I’ve been monitoring my temperature and notice no increases. In fact, the InCase hardshell actually raises the computer up, which helps with circulation.

If you can’t tell, I’m really obsessed with keeping my computers in “like new” shape…

7. cookiesaregood macrumors newbie

is rasfox a good brand for the full keyboard covers? I want a full keyboard cover, not a half one.