Protection Combo - iPhone 4 / 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GoldMan, Oct 23, 2011.

1. GoldMan macrumors member

GoldMan

Getting my iPhone 4s (White) on Friday, and was thinking of this combo of protection/style:

:apple: 1 x Speck CandyShell MoonSuit White: http://www.speckproducts.com/iphone-case/iphone-4-case/candyshell-for-iphone-4s.html

[​IMG]

:apple: 1 x Power Support Crystal Front: http://www.powersupportusa.com/eu/accessories/iphone-4/crystal-front-and-rear-film-set.html

[​IMG]

1. There is just one issue: These items is out of stock everywhere i looked on the internet and in stores in Europe. Is there anyone who can help me with buying these stuff and ship them to me in Europe? I will pay in advance on paypal :eek:

2. How is your combo? :p

2. Dangerous Theory macrumors 68000

I just get regular cheap screen protectors off eBay. Honestly, they do the same job.

As for the case, mines some boring old Griffin one but that candy shell looks amazing!

3. sullez macrumors 6502

Get the Power Support - I use the Anti Glare and it's the best protector I've ever used and yes I have used the cheap ones on ebay before.

4. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

I've tried the items on ebay but most of them are fakes even if it says Genuine or original

Anyone who can help me like buying from amazon.com and ship it to me? :)

5. LaunchpadBS macrumors 6502a

Why would you almost want to DOUBLE the thickness of the phone?

6. matperk macrumors 6502

I second the Power Support protector. I've used them since the 3G and never have an iPhone without it. I love the feel of it and it resists fingerprints even more than the device screen.

7. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

I'll go for the crystal one, because i dont care if there is fingerprints. Whitch one are you using?

8. Metal Dice macrumors regular

Metal Dice

I do what I personally believe is the optimal solution. I have a screen protector for the front, and a protector for the back as well. This way I don't diminish the aesthetics of the device, yet it's still protected from scratches.

9. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Personally, I think a scratched up iPhone looks better than an iPhone covered up by a case.

I use a protector on the front and back, so I don't have to worry about glass scratches (my biggest fear). The rear protector also raises the camera up a tiny bit, reducing the chances of it being scratched on a table.

I do, however, have a case for nights out when the chances of me dropping my phone increase greatly. :p

EDIT: Metal Dice, I love your signature.

10. OCJeff macrumors regular

I had a similar combo. But I didn't like this one because the front of the case is black and on my white phone it would not look good. I ended up going with an incipio case with gray/white combo and it is a good combo. Only adds a couple mm to the thickness. It does not double the thickness.

Overall if you are happy with the color then it should be great protection.

11. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

12. ithing macrumors newbie

Will the Speck CandyShell MoonSuit White fit 4s perfectly? Do you realize that 4s' volume buttons and silence button are in the same position as the 4's CDMA version (lower position than the original GSM version)? All the cases that were being sold in bestbuy that claimed to be 4s compatible didn't fit perfectly. I'm looking for a case that covers volume button parts as well but they are for the GSM version, which I apply on 4s, the left side does not fit.

13. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

Didnt they fix it?

14. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

The Speck CandyShell is REALLY protective for falls. I love mine

15. ithing macrumors newbie

16. Tenorsaw macrumors regular

17. brand macrumors 601

brand

No, no they don't.

18. matperk macrumors 6502

I think I have the HD one.

19. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

My favorite case/screen protector combo as well. Have tried Zagg and SPG protectors but Power Support is best, if pricey. No finger drag and no distortion with crystal protector. Also didn't like tactile touch of anti-glare as well as crystal model. I use Power Support for iPod Touch, iPhone 4 and iPad 2.

20. rosemary1 macrumors regular

I loved the CandyShell on my 3GS, but it's just too much case for the 4S. The Apple bumper does the job without adding bulk.

21. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

My Case

AppleCare Protection Plus

Please stop uglifying your devices.

-Jony Ive

22. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

Honestly, I have the Candy Shell and I just don't like the bulkiness of it.

My phone is now naked again.

check out the pixelspeck hd or something along those lines.

23. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

24. Lessman macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

I ordered this case from apple online (in the UK). I have rec'd it and it fits the 4s for sure. See the link below which shows its in stock and also confirms it fits the 4s:
    http://store.apple.com/uk/product/H6046ZM/A/Speck_CandyShell_for_iPhone_4

25. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

Thank you for informing