Protection film for the iPhone 5 edges

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Grolubao, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Since the jailbreak is about to happen I will upgrade my iPhone 4 to iPhone 5. I wanted to go naked but I believe it's best to at least protect the edges.

Is there any protection film that I can apply only to the edges to give it a bit more protection to avoid the scuffs?

2. jcoa332 macrumors newbie

Do a google search for sticker boy, the forum won't let me include the link. they have nice clear protective film for the sides or entire phone if you want.

3. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

I suggest the phantom skinz back and sides in matte, they are great.
    There are pics in other threads.

4. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I recall seeing a thread and video about a protector that folded down over the camphor edges, giving more protection. That is the part that seems to be rubbing or chipping off. I have a few spots.

********** and others are great, but only cover the flat edge.

If you don't want to do it yourself, GhostArmor is not bad.

5. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

6. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I found what I was mentioning above. Digiskin. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4jq6p5H9I is a video showing how he covers the chamfered edge.

Anyone tried these? As far as I can tell, this is the only product that covers that part of the edge.

7. Thekidtorres macrumors regular

Seems to be very dificult to install, but really interesting, i like it

8. SoLongAndroid macrumors member

I went with Wrapsol Fullbody. The sides are easy to put on but they don't have specific cutouts for the volume or speakers they are just individual strips with some radius cuts for the round parts. So some edges/corners are slightly exposed.

You could also just get a front and back screen protector and a thin bumper like the Spigen Linear EX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOCFfIkR-0Q

This is my setup to keep the phone as thin as possible yet protected without hiding the back.

-Power Support Anti Glare screen protector
    -Wrapsol Back protector
    -Spigen Linear EX slim bumper