Protection Film (IS/BSE) Needed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by joegolo, Jul 20, 2010.

1. joegolo macrumors newbie

How are the durability of the 13" and 15" MBPs? Do they tend to scratch or wear like the white MBs do? Ordered a 13" and 15" MBP for my fiance and myself to replace our older 13" plastic MBs. Should I be concerned with getting a film or not worry about it?

Thanks!
    Joe

2. Corndog5595 macrumors 65816

The aluminum seems to scratch kinda easy. I have had a few small, unnoticeable scratches on the bottom from the zipper or button on my jeans.

I got a huge scratch on the bottom when i sat it down on a table that had some sand or something on it. I moved the MBP around a bit and i heard this horrible sound. I looked at the bottom and saw two huge, deep scratches.

No scratches on the back of the screen or on the top plate (where your hands rest).

I have purchased a Speck SeeThru case recently just for added protection.

3. FrozenDarkness macrumors 65816

i've thrown it around the house and have ogtten no noticeable scratches. really, this isn't your phone, please don't put it in a disgusting sticky condom.

4. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

Just get it if you need the protection. Only you know what you need.

I wouldn't bother asking for advice on this one. All your gonna get is a bunch of people with biased opinions. On one end happy Zagg/Wrapsol customers, the other end you get the condom comment like above.