Protection for Mac Book

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by lallireese, Jun 1, 2007.

1. lallireese macrumors newbie

Hello all! I am looking to purchase a white Mac Book within the next week or so. I have read about the discoloration on the hand rest of the Mac Book as well as the cases tendancy to show scratches and such. Does anyone out there make a cover for the hand rests, the case, to make it almost scratch/stain proof? If so, I'd like to look into and order now before I get my greasy little hands on the clean white laptop. :)
    Thanks in advance!

2. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

No idea, but I thought I'd say, the scratches are hairlines, and I only noticed after someone else posted about it, so I looked closely (and I mean closely) and noticed a few lines, at the right angle of light. No big deal, I'd say.

3. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I owned an original first revision MacBook core duo (before I got my MBP 2 weeks ago) and it had absolutely no discolouration at all and those scratches you're concerned about.... their so insignificant the only way you see them is by looking at your MacBook on a certain angle under certain lighting conditions.

There were some cases of discolouration to the MacBook and I'm not totally convinced just how legit a lot of those reports were, like I said I owned one of the original MacBooks and never had this problem.

Otherwise if you're really anal retentive get a Best Skins Ever for your hand rest and a Speck See Thru case for the outside.

4. Igantius macrumors 65816

There're one or two threads about this in the MB/MPB forum, which would be worth a read.

I do remember though that Moshi does a trackpad/palmrest protector set for the MB, which according to the threads is the most highly regarded one.