Protection for Macbook in backpack?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by silversyren, Aug 8, 2007.

1. silversyren macrumors member

Hi,

My sister is off to college with a Macbook (.. fresh with new innards from applecare after a month of mixups.) She plans on carrying it around in her backpack -- just a normal backpack. The macbook has a Speck SeeThru case. What other protection does it need? A booq-type sleeve? Or should we just get a laptop backpack?

Thanks!

2. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

Depends really.....if she's got a great backpack that she really likes the style of then I'd lean towards a sleeve. If it's an old tatty backpack, then hey, here's a great new opportunity to get something new and stylish. That said...I have a sleeve and an over the shoulder bag for my own! :rolleyes:

3. mac4life2007 macrumors newbie

Get a PAQ AS-309 carrying bag, great padding for MacBook and space for books

I really enjoyed my PAQ AS-309 carrying bag. It is stylish and it comes with a padded case inside the bag. It gave the MacBook great shock protection and it looks really cool, unlike other backpack. I paid only $45 shipped for mine. Highly recommend this bag.

4. byakuya macrumors 6502a

byakuya

With her already using a speck see thru case I think she's already set to go...there is no need for additional protection if the backpack is decent. If she wants a sleeve also for other occasions I just reviewed the Tucano Second Skin Sleeve on my blog. Click here.

byakuya