Protection for new iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by c073186, Jun 19, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

When I get my new 3G iPhone, I want to protect it but be able to see its beauty at the same time. So I figured a reasonable solution would be to get one of these (link). I would keep that on at all times to protect the screen. Then, when I take it places where it cannot have a dedicated pocket or something, I'd want a harder case for it to go into. But a case that can easily be taken on/off so that I only will leave it in there when absolutely necessary. I would not plan to use the phone while in the case. It would only be for transport. Does anyone do this sort of thing? I was thinking about the Incase slider. Would that be a good case to do this? Any other recommendations?

Edit: I also found this one: link

2. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

The only case I use for my iPod Touch is my front pocket. I will be using this case for my new iPhone when I get one as well.

Cheers.
    :):apple:

3. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What if you must carry keys in one pocket, and then you have another metal object that won't fit into the keys pocket, meaning that the iPhone would need to go in a pocket with one of those two objects. Then what?

4. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Well, you absolutely never put metal objects in your pocket with a nekkid iPhone. Unless you enjoy the scratched look. What else do you want us to say? Get a case? Hold the metal object yourself? Get bigger pockets? Get a fanny pack? Sorry but pointless hypotheticals are a pet peeve of mine.

5. Badgerguy macrumors member

A few things spring to mind, and this is largely what I plan to do when I get the new handset.

Firstly - I'll be wanting a case, preferably just a simple slimline pouch to keep the thing in whilst not in use or in my pocket. I do this with my current phone and just slip it out of the case when in use - and it's kept it's looks and not picked up scuffs or scratches.

Second, if you're really, really concerned about scratches, think about getting a screen protector - but make sure to clean off any dust before applying it or it will get trapped under the protectors film, and apply carefully to avoid any fingerprints or air bubbles!

Also, glossy products like these will pickup finger prints and grease from your hands really quickly, something that will look ugly on the screen and will show up on the black-backed version, so consider getting some of that iKlear polish so you can clean the thing. The polish will help reduce the appearance of fingerprints and even fine scratches.