Protection for new MB wrist rest?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WannaApple?, Dec 25, 2008.

1. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Just got my new Macbook for Christmas! :D Lovin it so far, but am worried about the aluminum on each side of the trackpad wearing down. My Dell looked awful after a few years. Is there any sort of shield or protector that I can buy to protect this area? I didnt see anything on the Apple online store. How do you all protect your wrist rest area, or is it even a problem on the Macs? Thanks!

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Maybe try finding one of those cushions....Forgot what they are called but I've seen it somewhere, where it raises the position of your wrist...

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I just applied the Best Skins Ever palm rest to my Air. The rest is naked. It came with a trackpad skin, but I don't care for those.

Radtech makes a great one (used for 4 years on a powerbook never wore down) and Moshi makes a very nice one.

4. GreatDrok macrumors 6502a

GreatDrok

It won't wear in any way. The Aluminium is hard. I have had PC laptops where the paint wore away within a year, but my MacBook Pro is getting on three years old and has been used a lot and there is not a mark on the wrist rest. Even the track pad isn't shiny. There is a slight polishing of the keyboard but the materials are much more resilient than cheaper machines. Since the new MacBooks are basically made from the same materials or better I would expect it to be very hard wearing.

5. svndmvn Guest

yeah,don't worry about it wearing out, I haven't read or seen consumed aluminum powerbooks and they've been around for many many years, used and overused.
    You might need one if your wrists hurt,I guess.
    this looks nice http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=619455

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Really it is about scratches for me. I wear a watch so it does scratch and perfume on my wrists, so that doesn't help with the wear and tear. That's why I have one.

7. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I got the wrist protection for the new MBP from BodyGuardz and it was nice. The fit wasn't 100% but I was okay with it. I posted pics on another thread here.

After I order that, I saw the Moshi protection on this board and ordered one cause I heard good things about it. Just applied it today and I have to say, it's way better than the BodyGuardz skin! The color matches great and I can hardly tell it's there. Has very nice feel to it as well. I'd highly recommend one if you're looking for wrist protection. I didn't apply the trackpad skin cause I'm not sure how it will affect the performance of the trackpad.