Protection Requirements?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cz9h3d, Aug 8, 2011.

1. cz9h3d macrumors member

So I've got a 13" MBP on the way as the family laptop to supplement our 27" iMac, as well as replace a dying Wondows machine. My 12 and 10 yo will be using. Am I too OCD if I'm considering a cover (Incase Frost) and keyboard cover (moshi?). Never did this for the windows laptop, but it wasn't as beautiful.

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

depends how rough ur kids will be playing on it lol

3. cz9h3d thread starter macrumors member

Oops....sorry, was writing from the patio from a local pub, waiting for my family. That would be "windows", in case I confused anybody:)

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

No. I have the same setup. It's your money-your box. Do what feels right.

5. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

I would certainly recommend it! I currently have a Speck Satin hardshell case on mine and am also soon ordering a keyboard cover to protect it from spills or liquid damage. I would recommend you do the same also as Apple's warranty does not cover liquid damage, and repairs can end up costing upwards of 700 dollars!

6. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

In my opinion its better to take the precaution than to get screwed later when your kid spills something all over it and you don't have any sort of protection. But if your kids are good about taking care of the Mac then you should be fine. If you have the money to spend then I would at least get a keyboard cover to provide a little extra protection, but it's up to you.

7. randomrazr macrumors 65816

do you recoemnd the moshi palmguard or is that to excessive?