Protection: Wrapsol vs. Ghost Armor vs. BodyGuardz for ip5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by solo118, Sep 21, 2012.

1. solo118 macrumors 65816

These "full body" skins are around the same price. I have a wrapsol for my macbook, and I like it. I would also be using the screen protector as it is a few bucks extra, unless they are not good I will buy something else.

I was curious if anyone has experience with the other brands. I am looking for a nice skin that does not have that weird rubber feeling (Like invisashield or whatever that Zagg is called)

I am also curious which would be easiest to apply to my phone?

I want to have this type of protection instead of a case to show off the sexy all black body of my new iPhone 5!

if anyone can comment, I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.ghost-armor.com/Apple/861.html
    http://www.bodyguardz.com/apple-iphone-5-cases-screen-protectors-covers-shields-skins-films.html
    http://www.wrapsol.com/en_US/Products/iphone+_+mobile/apple/iPhone+5.aspx

2. silversx macrumors regular

which one of these offer dry application like sgp screen protectors.. i'd rather not mess with soap water and squeegy

3. solo118 thread starter macrumors 65816

-ghost armor does not mention if it is dry

-bodyguardz says it can be applied dry

-wrapsol just shows a diagram of how to apply, but it looks dry. I wouldnt trust that though, because my macbook wrapsol had the spray. It was a nightmare but looked beautiful after installed.

so far ghost armor looks the best, but I would appreciate any opinions on the others.

4. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

i think ghost armor is wet but im sure ghost armor support will commment

5. BodyGuardz. macrumors member

BodyGuardz.

In regards to our UltraTough clear skins; we feel it is an excellent product for a few reasons:

• It is based off of the material used to protect cars and helicopter blades like other companies offer, but it has been enhanced to meet the specific needs of electronic devices; with such features as enhanced clarity, touch sensitivity and anti-microbial technology.

• We have made the installation process as easy as possible, with the option to apply your protectors dry or with our cutting-egde application gel.

• All UltraTough clear skins come with 2 full sets per package (with the exception of tablets and laptops). This tends to take the pressure off of the installation process.

• Once purchased, you will be part of the Advantage Program which makes you eligible for lifetime replacements and 20% off all future orders.

If you need more convincing, I can offer you 50% off your purchase. Let me know if you have any more questions! We want you as a customer :)

6. solo118, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

solo118 thread starter macrumors 65816

I appreciate your offer. PM me regarding the 50% off and I will order 2 sets (of 2) one for me, one for a friend.

I hope its an easy setup (dry?) and i will be glad to post photos of the results!

Edit: Is that link I posted part of the "ultratough" series? It does not mention it anywhere

http://www.bodyguardz.com/apple-iph...-skins-films.html?dir=asc&order=sort_priority

and on the ultratough section, you only have screen protectors... I want the full body protection

7. BodyGuardz. macrumors member

BodyGuardz.

Glad to hear it! Yes, that link you posted is our UltraTough clear skins product for the iPhone 5. It can be installed wet or dry.

Your coupon code is: ScEJPwX356 and will take 50% off your entire order.

8. Minhthien macrumors 6502

Hi there, I ordered:
    1 Ultratough iPhone 4S
    1 Ultratough iPhone 5
    2 Pure Glassguardz iPhone 4S
    1 Pure Glassguards iPhone 5
    with 50% off :D
    When i checked my order status its shown "Complete" and under Pure Glassuards iPhone 5 showing "SHIPPED" but when I call in and the rep told me its haven't ship yet because the Pure 5 will be shipping separate in LATE OCTOBER?

9. solo118 thread starter macrumors 65816

Got it, thanks! Looks like a great solution, I look forward to sharing my experience.

10. BodyGuardz. macrumors member

BodyGuardz.

That is correct, I am afraid. Sadly the Pure is not yet shipping, but it will be as soon as the manufacturing process is complete. Will the screen protector in your UltraTough full body suffice until the Pure arrives? It is an excellent screen protection option by itself.

Thank you for your business, and I apologize for any confusion.

11. Frosac macrumors newbie

I would really like to try out the bodyguardz Ultra Tough Full Body protection set. With my recent phones I went with Power Support and I would like to try a Full Body kit.

Could I have a coupon code for 50% off? Would be great!

12. BodyGuardz. macrumors member

BodyGuardz.

We have posted a handful of codes in this thread (see page 3).

If these get used up we will post some more!

13. ramb27 macrumors member

Hi, I too am interested in your body protectors (back and sides only. Do you ship to to Canada and if so what are the shipping charges?

Thanks.

14. poofyo101 macrumors newbie

15. brokenbuyer macrumors regular

16. estestyler26 macrumors newbie

can I please have a 50% coupon as well? I want to buy 2 products and its alil expensive

17. BodyGuardz. macrumors member

BodyGuardz.

We are not running a 50% off promotion at this time, but we are running a 20% off sitewide sale until midnight tonight.

Also, if you have not purchased from us before, you can take advantage of our competitive upgrade program and save 30%.

18. BobbyWayne macrumors newbie

I've only tried Ghost Armor on my iPhone 4 and now iPhone 5. I can confirm its a wet application and i purchased only the matte version. The front screen protector i didn't really like as that's the only part that's not matte. Besides that it was a very good product. Shame i had to peel it off since i had my phone swapped at the Apple Store. The price is also a bit steep.

19. robertk328 macrumors regular

robertk328

20. Jetstream macrumors newbie

Ever since Zagg tweaked their website to sneakily offer only EURO pricing to anyone visiting from outside the US, I've been looking for an alternative. I've ordered from Zagg multiple times before and I've been very happy using their shield since my iPhone 3G days. But unfortunately I'm not very happy with their shift in pricing from USD to EUR for non US customers.

So i've been looking at Bodyguardz/Wrapsol/iCarbons but don't have any experience with them.

I understand there have been improvements to the old issue of orange-peel effect that Zagg's original invisible shields suffered from - is this a factor with any of the others?

Also it looks like i missed out on all the great holiday deals that were going on - unfortunately Zagg didn't respond in time to the query on their pricing model shift to non US customers in time (otherwise they were a great choice and their shipping rates to non US countries were awesome)

21. klugey1 macrumors newbie

50% off? I would also like to try this out (I have 2 phones)

I switch between my iPhone 5 and my new HTC One, but my HTC One really needs some protection. I would like to buy this from you at the 50% off offer if possible. I am using Ghost Armor on my iPhone 5, and would really like to compare the two products.

22. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I hate putting the clear ones on. I have had GhostArmor install them for me, but there is so much metal exposed after they are installed on the sides. I don't like them.

I just ordered **********'s clear ones. I have never used them, but like their other decals (carbon fiver, etc) very much. Excellent coverage. I will let you know how it goes.

23. mac.cali macrumors 65816