protection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thedudester12, Jun 10, 2011.

1. thedudester12 macrumors newbie

i just got a 13" pro for graduation and my dad being a windows guy just handed me the box all sealed up still and said i had made a mistake wanting one. i got it all set up and everything but the problem is i am scared to take it anywhere because i am not the definition of grace and i drop things and/or fall on things alot so i need a case that is the equivalent or better than my otter-box on my iPod and i cant seem to find any. i was hoping someone on here would know where i could get one. and it has to be a snap on case not a super plush satchel because i am a real man and i don't hang things off my shoulder like a purse. plus i already have a backpack. does anyone have any suggestions so i don't have to wrap my laptop in bubble wrap every time i go out. :confused:

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. DWBurke811 macrumors 6502a

4. thedudester12 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont have the beard

5. thedudester12 thread starter macrumors newbie

my music teacher had one and its not beefy enough.
    his backpack fell off his desk chair onto the floor and his laptop broke.
    i need something that can all but be shot and keep my baby safe. (and if it could be bullet proof i wouldn't complain ;))

6. Lola M macrumors member

If you really want to preserve it well then add an adhesive protector like Wrapsol (about $20 on Amazon) in addition to Incase case. Otherwise dust will get into the case and will scratch your MBP. I learned the hard way and I was pretty careful with it. Good luck!

7. WiLLGT09 macrumors regular

WiLLGT09

8. WiLLGT09 macrumors regular

WiLLGT09

9. thedudester12 thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't want a sleeve or a box like the pelican case because its to much trouble to pull it out and than get it set up. i just want to be able to pull it out of my backpack and flip it open. instead of pulling it out of my backpack, un zipping a sleeve or opening a box, taking my laptop out, and than when I'm done putting my laptop back in the sleeve, zipping the sleeve, and putting the sleeve in my backpack.
    that just seems unnecessarily time consuming.

10. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

There's nothing that I can think of that will do that. Most of them are gonna be sleeves or cases.

You can go with the hardshells, but that will do absolutely nothing to protect against drops.

11. deason macrumors member

This.