Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RockyIV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2014
Los Angeles
I'm looking for a case for my iPhone 6 Plus that is both protective and easy to install and remove (so that I can easily change sim cards while traveling). I'm familiar with OtterBox but the rumor is that it's very frustrating to remove the case, so I'd like something else. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

XRichard23

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2015
I can't recommend the rhino shield crash guard enough. Look up the YouTube videos. So much drop protection and its "only" a bumper.

Ringside

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Wow, that thing is amazing and affordable, thanks for the tip!
The ZooGue Social Pro is a fantastic case. Slim, very easy to take on/off, super affordable and surprisingly quite protective considering it's not a bulky case at all. They have a crazy video on their web site of somebody just tossing it all around onto what looks like a marble floor and it just bounces around with zero damage to the phone.

faded03cobra

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2014
What about the pelican protector? Good, solid case drop rated
Case is not very good imo. Volume and power button are difficult to depress. It does look nice though, but for around $50 there are better choices.

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
I can vouche for UAG. It's very protective and easy to take off. One of my favorite iPhone cases.

macher

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2012
The Otterbox Defender isn't hard to remove. When I get home on Fridays I take my iPhone out of the Defender and switch to my Magpul for the weekend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.