Protective case

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by Medicman67, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Medicman67 macrumors regular

Anyone purchasing a protective case? And which one. I like this one

Attached Files:

2. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

3. Viper2005 macrumors 6502

Viper2005

Same here, I bought two of the Spigen quick snap on cases, for work,

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

This is the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen. Would u wrap your car in a full body condom

5. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

thought the same thing until i destroyed myself yesterday at the end of a long hill when my longboard hit some construction junk I didn't see. anyways, I have decided to get one for times i want to use the sport for the actual sport activities I bought it for. I am going to look for it, because I forgot the name, but there is a nice one on one of these top case threads that goes on and off as easy as the bands it appears. If I can't get it on and of in just a few seconds I would only use it the first time or two I go skate then I will start forgetting to do it.

6. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I've considered only rhino lining my jeep.

7. tkukoc macrumors 6502a

tkukoc

I purchased this case off amazon, waiting for it to ship. I refuse to wear my watch until I get a case on it. To many things can happen to cause the watch to break, get scratched or dinged up. Plus I'm still waiting on my loop to ship, though I think I'll resell that and get the blue leather strap instead. (undecided on that currently)

8. zmunkz macrumors 6502a

zmunkz

First of all, people do wrap their cars in protective covers when they are parked, so even in your analogy that is not unheard of. In any case, how do you presume license to declare what look someone likes or doesn't? For the gym or outdoors, the spigen tough armor case matched to sport band looks great in my opinion. It has a rugged hardcore look in a setting where a delicate finish would be out of place. For a nice dinner or wedding, I would go no case and my milanese. Fashion is about options and preferences. If you don't like how the cases look, don't get one, but don't presume to call the rest of us ridiculous.

9. SayenCroWolf macrumors member

What's the link for that one??

I go back and forth on whether or not I'll get one. For the record, I don't giving a flying football what someone thinks of whether or not I buy one. I bought it for me, with my money, and I'll protect it (or not) any way I see fit.

Half of me wants to get one as a precautionary measure, the other half of me is listening to a friend of mine. He pointed out that you never see a guy with a 10,000 dollar rolex wrapping it in a bumper.

Logical, but just the same part of me is going "I wonder....?" I could see this as an absolute if I were in an environment or a contact sport and there's a huge possibility of breakage but I'm not. I work for UPS and my sporting is working out with weights, cycling, and martial arts sparring (where I wouldn't be wearing it anyway...).

So, I can't decide yet...

10. iMacoo7 macrumors 6502

iMacoo7

Just type in in apple watch cases in google and you will get a plethora of links or head over to Spigen

11. Alan Mac Farlan macrumors regular

Yup ... glass protective screen over the iPhone, iPad and iPod ... same for iWatch.

My Seiko Watch .. more expensive then the iWatch .. no protection for it.

I just change the glass when it gets scratched .. and it do.

Same for the iPhone ... change it out.

But that is me.

If the numbnuts want to wear a condom .. they be going to Hell.

So says the Dope in the Vatican.

Great family fun and the kids love it.

:):):)

12. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

http://9to5mac.com/2015/04/15/opinion-dont-judge-apple-watch-accessories/

Bottom line: to each their own.

13. kovey macrumors 6502a

Your analogy is profoundly ludicrous. One is a car. The other is a watch. Would you wear your car on your wrist? Then they're not equal. Go away.

14. Mr.C macrumors 601

More like your post is one of the most ridiculous ones I've read on any forum. What gives you the right to mock other people. You don't want to put a case on your watch that's your choice. I suggest you don't belittle those who do. It's their choice if they want to put cases or screen protectors on their watches.

15. thewired1 macrumors member

Clear vinyl car wraps and "bras" have been around for some time. Some people just want to protect their investment, the cars overall appearance, and keep a high resell value.

16. MacintoshDan macrumors regular

I'm getting the Spigen liquid crystal case for my watch. Looks like you won't even know it's there. I even got one for my iPhone 6, and you can't really see it on there.

17. nfl46 macrumors 603

Yes. I just ordered two thin fits from Spigen.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/apple/apple-watch/apple-watch-case-thin-fit-42mm.html

18. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

19. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

People pay their money and take their choice.
    Through daily use a watch is far more exposed to the environment and the risk of damage than a phone is.
    No matter whether it's a sport or SS, the cases will get scratched and dented so it's a choice. Cover the watch and keep it mint and swop cases every few months or wear it naked and expose it to everyday use which will take it's toil

----------

Can you post some pics when you get it and fit it to your watch and let us know what you think

20. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Looking at that case makes me feel like some companies won't have too much trouble coming up with a waterproof case for the Watch.

It also makes me want to cancel my Space Grey 42mm Watch, order a silver one, and then cover it with a black case.

21. roblognick macrumors member

I've got the Spigen crystal one in the hope that it looks like there isn't a case on it. Anyone's Spigen orders dispatched yet? I'm in the UK and they're still on "pre-order" status.

22. appleboyy macrumors 6502

I got mine from amazon, and I'm not that happy #

It looks minging!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. roblognick macrumors member

24. loyalist macrumors 6502

Pretty lame comparison.

I would buy this case if I'm doing a lot of extracurricular outside activities like mountain and road biking, snowboarding, skateboarding, hiking, etc. It turns the watch into a (poor man's) G-Shock for protection :D

25. appleboyy macrumors 6502