Protective Grips & Covers for the Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by splashnader, Apr 8, 2010.

1. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I decided to purchase an Incase protective grip for my Ipad

Incase Protective Cover Grip iPad Black
    Part Number:H0969ZM/A
    Warranty: 1 year from date of purchase

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The grip makes it much easier to hold in your hands, especially over longer periods of time. It also acts as a slip resistant surface so as not to fall out of your hands. The case fits snug, though there is some give around the corners and sometimes when you take it out of the bag if you aren't careful and you pull on the grip at the edges it seems to want to come off. The good news is that covers fits around all the connections and serial port perfectly. I have no problem syncing the device or easily accessing the volume.

Anybody else bought a grip or protective cover for the Ipad.

2. danny_w macrumors 601

I went and looked at the Protective Cover and the Grip Protective Cover last night but ended up getting the Apple case. The did not have an Incase unit out to look at but it looked like they would add a LOT of thickness to the iPad, which I didn't want. Is that true? How thick are the cases? I like the Apple case mainly for its thinness and grippy feel.

3. DizzyDiz macrumors newbie

I have three cases, the Apple iPad Case, the inCase grip protection case (black), and the, well I threw the package away already but it's the clear vue case that Apple sells in the store, Belkin? perhaps. Of all the three, the clear case is my favorite.

inCase:
    Not grippy enough around the iPad, when I take it out of its sleeve the case around the edges slips off and annoys me. Also, the grip is alright. I took it back today.

Apple iPad Case:
    an alright case, better than the incase in my opinion but still kind of bulky for my tastes because you have to flip the front cover to the back. I think this is good if you don't want a sleeve.

Whatever brand I bought today at the Apple Store, it's a clear case from Belkin I believe? It's not incase I know that. Anyways, this has been my favorite by far. It really grips on the iPad and it's much easier to grip in my hands as well. It's $49.95 but well worth it I think.

4. ipadder macrumors regular

I got one of these identical cases from Cimo Cases and it works great. Docks are perfect, smooth but at the same time grippy. How much was that case? The Cimo case was 15 dollars and free shipping

5. splashnader thread starter macrumors 6502a

splashnader

The top and bottom of the grip are the thickest parts. The rest of the cover is very tight and doesn't add much thickness to the iPad. I am still waiting on my case so I do not know how well it will work with the case that I order. Keeping fingers crossed.