Protective iPhone 4S Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iPhoneApple, Nov 4, 2011.

1. iPhoneApple, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011

iPhoneApple macrumors 6502

What is the best iPhone case that makes the phone look nice and will protect it from drops, but isn't bulky and won't scratch up or pick up a boatload of lint?

So far the best option looks like the Speck Candyshell, but the reviews of it are very mixed.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

3. Chopstick217 macrumors regular

Chopstick217

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Elementcase

4. Gordonw macrumors member

5. ShionoyaTamaki macrumors 6502

if you browse this sub-forum you'll see lots of recommendations and there is no consensus on any because its all subjective to how you like things.

That said, I like to semi protect my iphone, but yet retain its natural beauty as much as possible.

I've ordered these two case to test and waiting of their arrival.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.amazon.com/Black-Replicase-Crystal-Jacket-iPhone/dp/B003V2NVQ4
    Which is a air jacket type snap on case but the back side is a replica of the iphone. Makes it looks like a naked iphone but with a case on.

[​IMG]
    http://sinjimoru.com/blog/inlite/
    I see lots of bumper out there that are nice but notice almost all of them tend to push on screen protector causing it to bulge or bubble up. Seems like this one doesn't. Got the clear one. http://loveash.tistory.com/469 http://www.iprosumer.co.kr/upload/CMS/B299213E-E684-A358-BDF2-BADFEF4543D3.JPG

6. iFalcon macrumors regular

+1 on the NGP.

7. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

I ordered a couple of those (replica cases) from Ebay when I had my iPhone 4. They felt cheap and creaked like crazy. Hope you have better luck with yours.

8. iphonenub macrumors regular

how is the incase hybrid cover?

9. amazingdm macrumors 6502

absolutely speck candyshell.. wish I had bought this on day 1

10. iPhoneApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Does the Speck Candyshell scratch easy? Does it slide out of pocket easily too without pulling the pocket out? I am currently looks at the Candy and Otterbox Impact

11. jekyoo macrumors 6502

SGP linear case is probably the sleekest case. It'll survive a drop but the case will fall apart. I've dropped my iPhone a couple of times but it's still in perfect condition. The case took all the impact.

12. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Favorite cases are all a matter of personal preference. However, the Speck Candyshell is bulky and scratches extremely easy. Mine literally was scratched before it got out of the ATT store by the sales rep putting it on the phone and lying it on the counter. I just gave it away yesterday. I paid full price for it at $34.95 and for that price, the material should be more scratch resistant.

If you are looking for the best drop protection, then the otter box line is for you.

I've tried at least 10 different cases and for me the Sonix Snap case and the
    Case Crown Glider are my favorites. Both are relatively thin and will provide some fall protection but but not heavy duty. Both come in a variety of colors, have great quality builds and are reasonably priced. Neither is scratched up with regular use. The Sonix has a matte soft touch finish and the Glider has a super gloss shiny finish. I've have a couple of small drops with the Sonix with no damage to the phone or case.

13. iPhoneApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Since the candy shell scratches easily, should I just get a full body screen protector and a bumper or will that not protect the phone enough?

14. julesw macrumors member

julesw

I like my xshot case, very sturdy and has detachable tripod mount clips, you can mount it horizontal and vertical.

Slightly bulky but not too bad.

15. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I like mine quite bit. It's more nicely finished than the Incipio NGP. The bottom shiny part does get scratchy, and is stiffer than the rest of the case. This caused my screen protector to bubble up a bit, but I smoothed out the bubbles.

16. esploded macrumors regular

Which of these are the best?

-Otterbox Commuter
    -Otterbox Reflex
    -Incipio NGP

For the firs two, is the plastic slippery?
    I like something that has traction. (not sure if that's the right way to phrase it)

17. MrRon macrumors regular

MrRon

I have both Otterbox Commuter and NGP... pretty much the same..

The plastic is not slippery