iPad mini Protective sleeve for mini

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jjk454ss, Feb 9, 2014.

1. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I was looking at the g-form sleeves, but I don't see one for the ipad mini. I don't want it at bigger than necessary. But I have a bag I like, but it has no protection at all and I'd like to carry my ipad mini inside with whatever else I might have and not worry about tossing in the car, etc.

I know this isn't the forum, but I'm looking or the same thing for my NEX5 with 2 lenses, maybe just camera and 1 lens. I'd like to keep that in my bag as well.

2. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

I have the iPad version of this and it works great:
    rooCASE Super Bubble Neoprene Sleeve Case Cover for Apple iPad Mini 7.9" / Amazon Kindle Fire HD 7" / Google Nexus 7" / Samsung GALAXY Tab 2 7.0 (Black / Dark Blue)
    http://amzn.com/B0040VSJMQ

3. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Looks like a good option, I will definitely consider this one.

4. JackieInCo macrumors 601

I use the Incase sleeve that I bought at BestBuy. it's $29.99. I keep my smart cover on it as well.

5. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Incase makes nice stuff, but it haven't seen an real protective sleeve from them, just the std neoprene style. I have a real nice sleeve I like, the DoDoCase Durable, but I want something I don't have to worry about throwing around and dropping stuff on.

6. JackieInCo macrumors 601

Let us know when you find something. I would like to see and possibly buy the same.

7. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

nice selection of sleeves of varying levels of protection over at:
    sfbags.com

I have always liked their stuff . . .

8. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

I just picked up this one for my air after researching and going into best buy. It's water resistant and has great padding around the corners.

https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/prod...ule-stravan-ipad-mini-sleeve-_-tl_85854230087

9. sally84 macrumors newbie

10. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Thanks for the ideas, I like the sleeves that you all pointed out. I am happy with my current sleeve, I'm specifically looking at something extremely protective. Like "drop a bowling ball on me" protection like the g-form. The roocase seems like the only alternative so far.

11. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Checkout the felt sleeves at Brookstone. They are currently on sale for $9.99 and kind of have that home-made etsy feel to them.

The perk of this case is the Mini fits very snug (though you cannot use the smart cover and this sleeve). Also, it has two pouches, the smaller pouch fits a usb cord and/or an iPhone 5 very nicely!

12. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Felt doesn't sound like the protection I'm looking for. Thanks

13. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

10-4. It is pretty protective, very hearty for my needs. It is somewhat thick, in fact I think thicker than most neoprene cases.

14. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Yeah, I have several cases, but I really am looking or something that can really take a beating if need be. I don't want to worry about things getting thrown on my bag while my ipad is inside.

15. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I haven't researched this yet, but Pelican actually made a very tough case for the iPad 2/3/4. I believe it was called the Ballistic Case. I'd be interested if they made one for the Mini-sized tablets. That thing was "drop a bowling ball" protective!

EDIT: Correction, it is called the Hardback case, I'm searching now if they have a smaller form factor version of this case.

16. jjk454ss thread starter macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I saw the Pelican Vault, but it's a case, I'm looking for a sleeve. I definitely don't want to be using my nice, thin, light ipad mini in a big bulky case.

17. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

Another option would be the Belkin Portfolio Sleeve Case which is actually made for the Kindle eReaders. They have a dual layer on each side of Neoprene and a leather like material. Picked a couple off on eBay for about $10 but they do sell them at Amazon still.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Portfolio-Sleeve-Kindle-Paperwhite/dp/B005KELQEU

EDIT: Was going to mention that yes, the Mini fits this case, it is just wide enough, and taller than the Mini.