Protector for Trackpad on 2nd Gen MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sparkomatic, Dec 15, 2008.

1. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Just got a new MBP and was looking for a shield/protector for the trackpad. I had one on my old MBP but seems like all of them are made for the pad and button.

Does anyone know where I can get one that made for the new MBP's? Thanks!

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Bodyguardz has them, and the texture is nice, too. You have to buy the wrist rest and trackpad cover together.

3. sparkomatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Thanks!

I tried BodyGuardz for my BlackBerry Bold and found the cut to not fit right. I will say they had great customer service and gave me a refund so I'll hope that this fit is right on and order.

4. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

I highly recommend buying from BestSkinsever.com

They are much cheaper than the competition and the quality is excellent. I have the total body skin for my Macbook Pro and it is cut/fitted perfectly.

http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-Lap-Tops-cln-Apple/Categories

Select your Macbook Pro then select wrist/trackpad (for the cheaper price than the total body skin)

5. sparkomatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Completely agree with you about BestSkinsEver. They're great!

I went to their site and clicked at the top link "Apple Product" not realizing that was only iPod products. So, I thought they didn't have the skin for the MBP.

I ended up buying from BodyGuardz. My problem with BodyGuardz was the fit for the Bold and the "solution" they include which is just a mixture of baby shampoo and water. So, hopefully the fit will be good for the MBP and I'll just make my own "solution". Fingers crossed!

6. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Just curious ... why do you need a skin on your new MBP??

7. sparkomatic thread starter macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I'm not looking for a skin for the whole thing. I just found that, with my last macbook, I used one on the trackpad and I think it keeps that area clean. I replaced it not to long ago and saw that it developed alot of wear. When I took it off, the trackpad looked brand new. Plus, I sell my laptops when I get new ones so it keeps them nice and clean :)

I can see the logic behind protecting the whole thing even though I don't go that far. I wear a metal bracelet watch everyday and am always worried about scratching up my mac while typing.