Protocol on turning this thing off?

bradsnw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
What did you guys do last night? Power your iPad all the way off when you slept? Or just keep it locked? Just curious what the protocol for this is. Is it supposed to be left on all the time?

T4R06

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2007
CT
i believe same thing you are doing with your mobile phone? turn it off before going to sleep?

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I re-wrapped mine in the plastic and packed it away in the original box. :rolleyes:

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
What did you guys do last night? Power your iPad all the way off when you slept? Or just keep it locked? Just curious what the protocol for this is. Is it supposed to be left on all the time?
Same as I do on my iPhone. Lock it and sleep.

bradsnw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
All very good points and I guess the expected obvious response. Yes, I've had an iPhone since the original launch and never turn it off. Guess it's just the realization that this iPad is not a full-fledged computer and it's designed to be left on at all times.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
...Guess it's just the realization that this iPad is not a full-fledged computer and it's designed to be left on at all times.
Are you under the (incorrect) impression that "full-fledged" computers shouldn't be left on:confused:

bradsnw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Not at all, but I sure as hell don't leave my Macbook running all night for no appearant reason.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I'm surprised no one has posted "I haven't slept since I got it so no need to power down"

talkingnewmedia

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2009
Chicago
Downloaded an alarm clock app and docked it on my dresser...
If you do a slideshow, set it to repeat, the iPad functions as a very expensive picture frame.

Silly, I know, but the point is that if you have it plugged in it will charge at the same time -- meaning that, in theory, you could have the screen on all the time and never run down the battery.