ProTools 6.4 Question

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by joeyunloco, Jan 30, 2009.

1. joeyunloco macrumors newbie

hey all i am working musician and lately have been getting into the recording process. i am new this and trying to learn.. been working with cubase and external interfaces for the longest time and recently acquired some protools hardware to start leaning in that direction. I was wondering if i could us a Mix Core Card on a G5 powermac. no worries i have both a g4 and G5, i just do a lot on work on my G5 and would hate to keep switching them out unless i can link my g5 and g4 together? i am planning to run protools 6.4.1 and using 888 i/o. some guidance please. i would be for ever great-full.

2. barkmonster macrumors 68020

barkmonster

There's a forum on digidesign.com that would help...

http://duc.digidesign.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

I use Protools LE under Mac OS X on a mac with a far lower spec than yours and without those TDM cards that give guaranteed performance regardless of your CPU.

Till I run out of juice, it's a pleasure to work with and I used to use Pro tools LE 5 on a beige G3 for 5 years before upgrading. It's got a far more user friendly interface than any Atari Port-over from Steinberg with audio features tagged on afterwards.

You won't have any of these problems as DSPs on the cards handle a lot of the work and G5 is much faster than my system for running the native RTAS and Audiosuite plug-ins and software synths.