ProTools 7.3 on Leopard 10.5.5. MAJOR PROBLEMS! Help needed!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dvwood7, Oct 5, 2008.

1. dvwood7 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but here we go...

I have a MacBookPro v.10.5.5., 2.33 Ghz Intel Core 2 Due, 2GB ram with Leopard as OS.

Since the install of Leopard, everything has been smooth, no problems with ProTools or ANYTHING! Untill yesterday.... I am not sure whats gone wrong but, recently i imported some big wave files into one of my ProTools L.E. 7.3 sessions and ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE!! Ever since this import (which sholdnt be be of any problem, cause i have done it before), my ProTools has not been working properly, AT ALL!!
    Every time i try to load a session and start my work, either listening to a track or record these problems occur:

1.) Either running and NO SOUND!
    2.) Either freezing with glitches
    3.) CoreMIDIServer (not responding)

And then these messages popup:
    A.) A cpu overload error occured. If this happens
    often,try increasing the "H / W BUFFER SIZE" in the playback engine
    dialog, or removing some plug-in (-6101)

B.) You are running out of CPU POWER. Remove some RTAS Plug-ins or increase the CPU usage limit in the playback engine dialog. (-9128)

I have tried screwing around with all the Playback engines and Buffer sizes and ALL of that - and still nothing, i have the same problems!!

This is SUPER frustrating, and super annoying and it really a drag because i have to record important stuff, and i cant....

I also read on different forums that it works if you remove the CoreMIDIServer plugin (library>audio>midi drivers> and delete the digidiomididriver.plugin file.), but still the same... its not working!!!

I would more than appreciate HELP here! This cant be true, i have bought something that is not working anymore all of the sudden and out of the blue... this to me is VERY STRANGE! :confused::confused::confused::(

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

According to the Pro Tools website 7.3 is only certified to run on Tiger.

7.4.2 is the latest available version that is meant to work with Leopard (must be 10.5.3 or 10.5.4 though so you'll need to downgrade Mac OS X).

Really, the above annoyance is the major reason I wouldn't spend any money on Pro Tools at all.

3. dvwood7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thats Absurd!!! woww..... In order to run ProTools on Leopard i need ProTools LE 7.4... which i dont have, which costs money. Omg.... I hate Digidesign now.
    There is no other way?? Not even upgrading to ProTools 7.3.1 ?

4. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Read their website. The answer is no.

5. dvwood7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you think you can post the direct link to where i can see this?
    I installed 7.3.1 and it, of course, didnt work.

Any thoughts on how I can downgrade from 10.5.5 to 10.5.4 without reinstalling Leopard - and do you know what negative effects this might have?

This is such a bummer....

6. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

You would have to downgrade to Tiger - 10.4.x, not 10.5.4 (which is still Leopard).

So, two options here... Upgrade Protools to 7.4 or run to Tiger and keep Protools 7.3.x

7. dvwood7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, so ProTools 7.4 works fine with Leopard 10.5.5.?? And why the 7.4.2 update?

Sorry, i am a bit confused. You said downgrading to 10.5.4 in an earlier post to make 7.4 work, when i am on a 10.5.5..... Sorry :eek:

8. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

You have two options:

1) Downgrade Mac OS X to Tiger and keep the current version of Pro Tools you have.

2) Upgrade to Pro Tools 7.4.2 and either chance it with 10.5.5 or downgrade to 10.5.4 as that is latest version which is officially supported.

9. sickfishy macrumors newbie