ProTools/studio monitor help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ItsAddison, Oct 29, 2007.

1. ItsAddison macrumors newbie

To put it more succinctly, I have studio monitors that plug into a Digidesign MBox 2. Under Sound preferences I used to be able to switch between "built in output" and "USB device" but now the MBox isn't recognized and it doesn't like up demonstrating it is getting power like it should be.

Clearly there is some compatibility issue with the update. Has anyone else encountered this? I just indefinitely screwed until Pro Tools releases Leopard compatibility? I don't even use Pro Tools, I just need the drivers for my Mbox to work.

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Avid/Digi-design told you (it's on the box) never update your computer until they have released an update themselves.

I guess you have two options.
    A) downgrade for the time being
    or
    B) what for an updated from digidesign.

This is the main reason I will not run pro-tools.

3. ItsAddison thread starter macrumors newbie

nah screw that, I love Leopard

I'd just as soon sell my Mbox on Craigslist and get another audio interface. I really just like having kick butt speakers for my iTunes. Thanks for that info on Pro Tools though. I actually know the CEO of Avid. He's my best friend's uncle. Strangely enough he expressed a bitter hatred, or perhaps, frustration with the way Steve Jobs does business. He said he refuses to use any Apple products and that got us into a friendly debate over the merits of Mac vs PC. That was an interesting conversation. Don't worry, I stood my ground. :D

4. mediaguru macrumors regular

And I thought ProTools was originally Mac-only... I guess you could stir the waters around and pick up a MOTU I/O. Looks like they might be more proactive on Leopard support. :rolleyes:

5. ItsAddison thread starter macrumors newbie

That's what I thought too! That's why I bought a Mac actually, well, one of the reasons.